Thursday, April 20, 2017

Our Lady The Untier of Knots



Pope Francis, then Jorge Mario Bergoglio,was studying in Germany when he fell in love with a painting of Mary in Perlach,Germany. He decided to bring a copy back with him to Argentina and then promoted the devotion of "Mary Untier of Knots." It quickly became a very popular devotion, novena and prayer.
It was painted from the inspiration of St. Irenaeus of Lyons who said: 
"the knot of Eve’s disobedience was loosed by the obedience of Mary. For what the virgin Eve had bound fast through unbelief, this did the virgin Mary set free through faith."
Mary is the "second Eve" and by her obedience to God, is undoing the wrong and damage that came along with original sin.  When Mary is invoked, she untangles our knots. Our knots could be addiction, depression, stress, deep hurts, sickness, anger, or even something as simple as the every day tangles we deal with. As we engage habitually in sin, it becomes harder and harder to return to virtue, just as a knot that is pulled tighter and tighter becomes harder to untie. God's grace, however, offered to us through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, can undo any knot and conquer any sin. 


Prayer to Mary Undoer of Knots

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love,
Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need,
Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved          

by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart,
cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life.
You know very well how desperate I am, my pain, and how I am bound by these knots.

Mary, Mother to whom God entrusted the undoing of the knots in the lives of his children,
I entrust into your hands the ribbon of my life.
No one, not even the evil one himself, can take it away from your precious care.
In your hands there is no knot that cannot be undone.

Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with Your Son and My Liberator, Jesus,
take into your hands today this knot. (Mention your request here]
I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all. You are my hope. O my Lady,                   

you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength,
the enrichment of my destitution, and, with Christ, the freedom from my chains.                          

Hear my plea. Keep me, guide me, protect me, 

  O safe refuge! Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment